ADLERIAN INTEGRATIVE PSYCHOTHERAPY CERTIFICATE
TRAUMA PSYCHOTHERAPY CERTIFICATE
Play Therapy Application Requirements
To be eligible to participate in the Play Therapy Certificate & Diploma program a student should have the following:
- BA in related subjects – psychology, education, children studies, nursing, occupational therapy, social work or equivalent proven competencies.
- Two years working with children between the ages of 3 – 14.
- Presently or planning on working with children, access to supervised placement an asset.
- Evidence of educational knowledge of basic psychological principals, could include undergraduate/graduate courses in child development.
- English language proficiency, demonstrated by either: a. English being the applicant’s first language or b. Completion of the applicant’s undergraduate degree at a university in which the language of instruction and examination is English. Or, submission of proficiency from a recognized assessment organization.
Succesful Applicants will be required to provide the following:
- Police Reference Check
- Registration with Play Therapy Canada or Play Therapy International
If you have any questions regarding the above requirements but are interested in registering for the certificate program please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
PSYCHOTHERAPY ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants must have an earned minimum 3-year baccalaureate from a recognized institution with a
grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale (normally 70%).
At the discretion of the Admissions Committee, students whose GPA is below this standard may be
admitted provisionally until they demonstrate their capacity to perform in a rigorous master-level
environment. All Postgraduate Certificate applicants have the option to complete the no cost, nine-hour course GPS100 Surviving and Thriving in Graduate School. Work, volunteer, or one’s own psychotherapy experience is recommended, especially for students whose degree is in a field unrelated to psychotherapy.
Applicants who have acceptable previous training, education, or experience in psychotherapy may apply for advanced standing.
How To Apply
To begin the application process, please fill the application form below.
Please forward all supporting documentation, including:
- A copy of both your university degree and transcripts (with notarized proof, if translated into English)
- Proof of English proficiency
- Statement of Intent
- Letters of Recommendation
to email@example.com electronically or via mail to:
890 Yonge Street, 9th Floor
An admissions representative from the Faculty will contact you within two business days to discuss your application. For more information you can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1.877.923.4419(416.923.4419 in Toronto)