Guest speaker: Dr. David Teplin, C. Psych
This workshop is designed to inform clinicians about what the Science says, and the many pertinent issues related to legalized cannabis use, including:
- Will the legalization of cannabis really change anything?
- Is it really about “reefer madness” or is cannabis really a “soft drug”?
- What are the potential harms of cannabis use, that is, physical harms, mental health harms, and possible effects on the young developing brain?
- What populations might be more vulnerable or at greater risk?
- Is cannabis really a gateway drug?
- What is the difference between cannabis use versus cannabis use disorder?
- Does cannabis misuse occur on its own?
- What are the treatment options for cannabis use disorder?
- Does cannabis play any role in treating other conditions or disorders?
- What are the lower risk guidelines around cannabis use?
- How might we work with clients to ensure open communication and a strong therapeutic alliance while still providing accurate information?
- What do we still not know?
Space is limited, please register for this event here: https://adlerschool.wufoo.com/forms/lunch-learn/