adler graduate professional school

Talk to us

+1 416 923 4419

ADLER Degrees

Transitional Equivalency

Students not currently possessing a traditional four-year honours undergraduate degree in Psychology, or those who did not initially choose psychology in university as a part of their career path, have until now faced limited options when it comes to gaining admission to a master’s level graduate degree in psychology that leads to registration with the College of Psychologists as a Psychological Associate.

ADLER’s custom-designed Transitional Equivalency in Psychology provides an opportunity to bridge the gap between current academic qualifications and those required by the Master of Psychology (MPsy) degree. It also ensures coverage of the four pillars of psychology that are required by the Ontario College of Psychologists (Biological, Cognitive-Affective, Social Bases of Behaviour and the Psychology of the Individual), along with the necessary knowledge surrounding statistics and research methods.

For more information on the College of Psychologist’s undergraduate as well as graduate educational requirements for the professional designation of Psychological Associate, visit

Interested students are required to fully complete an application for the Master of Psychology Degree.

Conditional acceptance will be offered to those who meet basic program requirements, including an undergraduate degree with a B average. Admitted students then complete the Transitional Equivalency program to gain full admission to the MPsy Degree program.

For Transitional Equivalency, each student’s individual requirements are assessed, and a study plan is created. The student works with the Director of the Transitional Equivalency program on an individual and/or small class basis to complete their required course(s).

Transitional Equivalency classes are usually held on Monday & Thursday evenings, 6 pm to 9 pm, throughout the year. It may take anywhere from 2 to 18 months, depending on the student’s individual schedule, as well as the number of courses required for completion.

At the beginning of the Transitional Equivalency students are required to complete GP-100: Thriving in Graduate School

To apply for the Transitional Equivalency, you must have:

 A minimum 3-year undergraduate degree with a B average.